From time to time we may make changes to this Policy to reflect changes in our legal obligations or the ways in which we process your Personal Data. When changes are made, we will post the updated Policy here with the effective date of its revision. We suggest routinely visiting this page to ensure you have reviewed the current Policy.
DISCLAIMER: The content appearing on UroGen websites or web-based resources is presented exclusively for informational purposes. You should understand that UroGen does not use this site to provide medical advice, financial advice, or legal advice. You should not rely on any statements made on this site as though it were professional advice. The Sites may provide selected information concerning diseases and their treatment. Such information is not intended or provided as medical advice. Such information is not a substitute for the advice of a trained health care professional. If you have or suspect having any health problems or conditions, you should consult your general practitioner or other qualified health care provider.
- Contact and Policy Updates
You may contact UroGen at Privacy@urogen.com. Alternatively, you may contact us at:
UroGen Pharma, Inc.
400 Alexander Park Drive
Princeton, NJ 08540
Attention: Legal Department
- What Information Do We Collect and For What Purposes?
Our Sites may collect Personal Data, which is information that either directly identifies you or could reasonably be used in combination with other information to identify you. Examples of Personal Data that directly identify you include your name, contact information, email address, resume, and other information in combination with such identifiers. Our websites may also collect Personal Data that does not directly identify you by name or contact information but which may be used to identify that a specific computer or device has accessed our website and could be used to identify you if combined with certain other information.
Personal Data that we may collect includes:
- Contact Information. We collect this information in order to be able to communicate with you. This information may include your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, job title, age, and other information you provide on our website. Where we solicit this information, we will explain how the information you provide is to be used. It is your choice as to whether to provide your Personal Data.
- Interests and Preferences. This information helps us understand your interest in our products and services so that we can best serve you. This information may include contact and product preferences, languages, marketing preferences and demographic data. Where we solicit this information, we will explain how the information you provide is to be used. This information may be collected as part of the information we collect automatically or pursuant to your consent. Certain areas of our Sites may allow you to submit your Personal Data to us. For example, you may subscribe to a UroGen mailing list or newsletter, or create a UroGen online account, or submit your resume and apply for employment. We may use the information you provide to send you requested information, respond to your inquiry, improve our websites, verify your relationship with UroGen, and take other actions that may be necessary to respond to your request.
- Interaction History. This information helps us fulfill services you have requested and to understand your interests and preferences. This includes how you interact with us and use our websites, your correspondence with us.
- What is Our Legal Basis for the Collection of Personal Data?
We may process your information for the specific purposes listed above pursuant to a legal basis, including the following:
- Compliance with applicable laws or performance of a contract: In specific circumstances, we may need to process your information to comply with a relevant law/regulation or to fulfill our obligations under a contract to which you are subject. Where we process your information to meet our legal obligations, you will likely not be permitted to object to this processing activity, but you will usually have the right to access or review this information unless it would impede our legal obligations. Where we are processing to fulfill our contract obligations under a contract where you are a party, you might not be able to object to this processing, or if you do choose to opt-out or object to our processing, it may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation that you are owed.
- Our legitimate interests: We may process your information based on our legitimate interests in communicating with you and managing our interactions with you regarding our products, services, and educational opportunities. In addition to the other rights you may have described below, you have the right to object to such processing of your information. You can register your objection by contacting us as described above.
- Your consent: In some cases, at the point at which you provide information, we may ask you for your consent to collect and process your information. If you choose to provide us with your consent, you may later withdraw your consent (or opt-out) by contacting us as described in the “how do you contact us” section below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent it will not affect any processing of your information that has already occurred. Where we process your information based on consent, we will provide more detailed information to you at the time when we obtain your consent.
Cookies. Our websites may use a tracking technology called a “cookie.” A cookie is a small data file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive, where your internet browser files are kept. Cookies enable us to recognize when a computer being used to browse our websites has previously visited a UroGen website or online resource. Cookies can also be used to enable a site to “remember” the information a visitor has previously inputted. Cookies may be placed on your computer both by us and by third parties with whom we have a relationship, such as web analytic services and advertising network services.
Web Beacons. On certain web pages or in emails we send to you, we may utilize a technology called a “web beacon” (also known as an “action tag” or “clear GIF technology”). We may use web beacons to help determine which email messages sent by us were opened and whether a message was acted upon. Web beacons also help analyze the effectiveness of websites by measuring the number of visitors to a site or how many visitors clicked on key elements of a site.
Social Plugins. This site may use social plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Sites, the operator of the social plugin may be able to place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Sites. If you have previously logged into the associated social media website (e.g., Facebook) before browsing on our website, the social plugin allows that social media website to receive information about your visit to particular pages on our website. The social plugin may collect this information for any such visitors who have logged into social networks, whether or not they specifically interact with the plugin on our websites (e.g., by clicking “Like” or “Share”). The social plugin may also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our Sites with other users of their social media website. For further details about the information shared via a particular social media plugin, you should refer to that social media site’s privacy statement.
How does our site respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals?
Certain web browsers and other programs may be used to signal your preferences to UroGen about how or whether UroGen or third parties may collect information about your online activities. Currently, our Sites do not respond to such signals.
What choices do you have about cookies and other tracking technologies?
The European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance maintains a website where consumers can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the network advertising companies participating in the program (www.youronlinechoices.eu). In the U.S., the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative maintain two separate website tools where consumers can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of their participating members, available at (http://optout.aboutads.info/) and (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1) respectively.
As noted above, Google Analytics offers an opt-out provision for website visitors who do not want their data to be collected. You can receive more information about this option here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Does UroGen Disclose Your Personal Data to Third Parties?
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties who provide us with various business services, including monitoring and maintaining our websites and preparing newsletters and mailings. We may also share your Personal Data with our affiliates, in compliance with applicable laws.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Data to third parties in special cases, including when we have a reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring a legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights and property or those of any other person. We may also disclose your Personal Data when we believe the law requires it and in any situation that involves threats to any person’s physical safety.
If all or part of UroGen is merged into another entity, the information we have about you may be transferred to a third party as part of that transaction. The acquiring entity will be required to use the Personal Data that is transferred only in a manner that is consistent with this notice.
- Will UroGen Transfer Your Personal Data Internationally?
Our websites and online resources are owned and operated in the United States, but the information you provide may be accessible by our affiliates and vendors in other countries. If you are visiting this site from a country other than the United States, your Personal Data will cross an international boundary.
The level of protection for your Personal Data in the United States may not be the same as the level of protection in your country. By using this site, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
- Is this Website Intended for Children?
Our websites and online resources are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under 16-years old. However, if the parent or the guardian of a child under 16 years old believes that the child has provided us with Personal Data, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us at Privacy@urogen.com to request the information’s deletion. Anyone under 16 years old should seek their parent’s or guardian’s permission prior to using or disclosing any Personal Data to UroGen.
- What Are Your Rights With Respect to Your Personal Data?
You have the right to the following information regarding UroGen’s processing of your Personal Data:
- the purposes of the processing.
- the categories of Personal Data concerned.
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Data have been or will be disclosed.
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the Personal Data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period.
You also have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
- The right to request access to the Personal Data that UroGen has about you, as well as the right to request rectification of any data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request a copy of your Personal Data in electronic format so that you can transmit the data to third parties, or to request that UroGen directly transfer your Personal Data to one or more third parties.
- The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data for marketing and other purposes.
- The right to erasure of your Personal Data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which you provided it, as well as the right to restriction of processing of your Personal Data to certain limited purposes where erasure is not possible.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority where you believe that your rights have been violated.
- What Automated Decisions are Made Using Your Personal Data?
We do not use your Personal Data to make any automated decisions.
- How Secure Is the Personal Data You Provide?
UroGen takes certain steps to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access. However, no internet transmission is ever completely secure or error free. In particular, email sent using this website or another online resource may not be secure. You should take special care before deciding to send us information via email. If you create an account on the Sites, it is your responsibility to protect your access credentials from unauthorized access or use.
- For How Long Does UroGen Retain Your Personal Data?
All data collected through this website is retained for 5 years or until your personal data no longer serves our legitimate business purposes, whichever is sooner.
- Where Links Are Provided on this Website, Does this Notice Apply to the Linked Sites?
This Notice only applies to UroGen websites that link to this Notice. Our websites also may contain links to third-party websites. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of third-party websites or resources, and our privacy notice does not apply to any sites that are not affiliated with UroGen, even if you access them via a link on our site. You should review the privacy policies of any third-party site before providing any information.
Last updated: February, 2020