Our Drug Candidates
UroGen Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel therapies designed to change the standard of care for urological pathologies with a focus on uro-oncology. The lead product candidates are investigational new drug formulations of the chemotherapy agent mitomycin, also known as mitomycin C, or MMC. The Company is developing our novel formulations as chemoablation agents, which means they are designed to ablate tumors by non-surgical means, to treat several forms of non-muscle invasive urothelial cancer, including low-grade upper tract urothelial carcinoma, or UTUC, and low-grade bladder cancer. The Company’s investigational pipeline includes:
- MITOGEL™ (mitomycin) urothelial gel, 0.4% for the treatment of low grade (LG) Upper Tract Urothelial Cancer (UTUC). UroGen has received Orphan Drug and Fast Track Designations from the FDA for MITOGEL for the treatment of UTUC.
- VESIGEL™ (mitomycin) urothelial gel, 0.18% for the treatment of low grade non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (LG-NMIBC).
- VESIMUNE™ (imiquimod) for the treatment of high-grade non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (HG-NMIBC). VESIMUNE is a novel liquid formulation of imiquimod, a toll-like receptor 7, or TLR7 agonist.
- BOTUGEL™ is a proprietary RTGel-based formulation of BOTOX®* (onabotulinumtoxin A) an investigational new drug being studied for the treatment of Overactive Bladder (OB) and Interstitial Cystitis (IC). UroGen has licensed the worldwide rights to BotuGel to Allergan Pharmaceuticals International Limited, or Allergan, a wholly owned subsidiary of Allergan plc.
* BOTOX is a registered trademark of Allergan Pharmaceuticals